Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World

Anybody else completely bothered by this mess:


I feel for her- I really do.  It reminds me of a time long ago when little Ashley wished and wished she could look like the girls in Seventeen magazine- not realizing the magic of digital imaging “touch ups.”

I’m not against plastic surgery- but having 10 surgeries at once and at the age of 23 seems like a huge red flag for me. Shame on the doctors who operated on her.  I’m not trying to bash her, I honest and truly (that is for my sorority sisters) feel sad for her because she really was perfect just the way she was.

There is something really beautiful about being unique. It took me forever to learn that (and sometimes I need to be reminded).  We should embrace it.

Ok ok, this is starting to get deep… time to move on…

This weekend was so great- very relaxing. The boyfriend and I went to see Avatar in 3D.  Made me want a black light.
 
Last night’s dinner was loaded- I pan fried chicken in olive oil with S&P and basil then topped it off with roasted almonds and goat cheese with a side of sweet potato fries. For some reason my fries are never crispy. It makes me crazy.

Today’s post is short and sweet- gotta get ready for spin class.

Today’s Eats:

  • Bfast- WW English muffin, 1 egg, 1 orange and coffee
  • Snack #1- Special K dry cereal, green monster
  • Lunch- WW Arnold thin with turkey, hummus and sprouts Greek yogurt with granola
  • Dinner- Shrimp and quinoa and broccoli
  • Fruit/Veggie Count: 5
  • Workout: 45 minute spin + 1 mile run (ahhh yeeeahhh)

This blog is dedicated to Chilis for serving Abbie not 1 but 2 raw burgers causing them to make our whole dinner free this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment