Monday, November 7, 2011

Rock n Roll Savannah

Today was my Savannah 1/2 Marathon
We woke up at 4:45am
with some cold ass windy weather


 (this picture was actually taken for the mini van with flames painted on it)

Since it was Savannah's first time hosting this marathon
they had some transportation issues

We stood in line for shuttles for 20 min.
then took a 20 min ride to downtown Savannah
I got there just in time to move up with my corral and start the race

The cold weather actually felt great during the run
and I was able to push it at the end
for a 2:17:01 time
Which I'm ok with since my training definitely fizzled at the end.

As usual
I felt like poop after the race
which is why I have no scenic pictures of Savannah

I spent the whole rest of the day in bed
watching TV.

I also decided to stop with the long races for awhile
and try to work up my speed a bit by only doing 5k and 10k races.

Savannah was a beautiful run.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to run it next year.

**special thanks to my loving boyfriend who stood outside in the cold weather for 2:17:01 waiting for me**

No comments:

Post a Comment