Sunday, September 12, 2010

Veggie Tales

"vegetarian" (really pescetarian) update:

  • I've been a pescetarian for over a month now
  • It has not been hard at all
  • I do not feel any physical changes (energy levels are the same)
  • I'm definitely eating more cheese
  • I ordered a black bean burger from Chilis and considered it a triumph among all the yummy greasy burgers they have
  • THE BIGGEST TRIUMPH = I went to Chic fil a and ordered a shake and was with my mom who ordered a chicken sandwich. I didn't even miss it!
  • BIGGEST FAIL = I ate lentils that had chicken broth (lessoned learned- when you are a vegetarian you have to ask a lot of questions)
  • I have dreams that I accidentally eat meat
  • I THINK I made it through trips without completely putting the host out
  • I have to establish rules for myself
    • Is it ok to just pick off pepperonis from a pizza? Or do I not eat it at all?
    • If Abbie wants chicken for dinner do I cook it for him?
If anyone has any advice I would love to know.

1 comment:

  1. When Tyler wants meat, I always cook it for him. I tend to pick a fish that works well with whatever he wants. For example, Tyler loves chicken marsala, so I make it for myself with tilapia.
    And I will pick meat off of pizza (and snag a bite every once in a while so I don't get sick if I accidentally have something with a meat stock)

    ReplyDelete