Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy New Year!


They say that by Feb. 1st most people have already given up on their New Year's Resolutions.
To avoid that, I decided to be wickedly clever and make Feb. 1st my New Year instead.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Time to look back on last year's accomplishments
and make plans for 2011 domination.

Highlights from last year include:

Bucket List: Seattle

Bucket List: Rock (wall)climbing

Bucket List: visit Napa Valley

Bucket List: Go snow skiing


Ran my first 10K

Ran my 1st 1/2 marathon

Stopped eating anything with legs

Last year was an incredible year for me. I've never felt happier or healthier.  

While I still plan on maintaining my fitness and healthy eating habits- 
My 2011 goals are more on the spiritual/personal growth side.

Some of my 2011 goals include:
  • Adding and crossing more items off my bucket list.
  • Joining Toastmasters.
  • Getting more involved in my local Buddhist community.
  • Doing 3 random acts of kindness for friends, loved ones, coworkers and strangers a month.
  • Yoga, yoga and more yoga!  (time to get flexible)
  • Spend more time with friends and family.
  • Write more.
  • Blog more!
  • Meditate daily.
  • Give up coffee.
  • Go all out to celebrate every holiday. (Be sure to check out my Valentine's Day checklist)
  • Visit my far away friends.
  • Find an art project.
  • Let my dogs be dogs (this one is hard for me- can't let go of the leash!)

I can't wait to share this year with all of my readers. If you have advice on any of these items please let me know!

How is everyone else doing on their New Year's resolutions?



1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Great list! You're Buddhist? I think that's fascinating! I study International Relations and right now I'm interning for a center that focuses on Religious Conflict Resolution. Sadly, most of our Peacemakers are of the Abrahamic Faiths because I'm intrigued by other religions. Can you write a post about your faith? Or if you've already done one, send me the link? I'd love to learn more!

    ReplyDelete