Friday, April 9, 2010

Tantra

Title get your attention?
pervs.

Let me begin by saying I study Kadampa Buddhism.
On Fridays I attend a meditation class- we meditate and learn a little lesson on Buddhism.



source

Now I know I am not the best Buddhist
because of things like this:


and this:



But its a journey...

 I thought I would share tonight's lesson:
Tantra
Now i know you are thinking some dirty thoughts BUT
tantra really means
to bring a future feeling (or enlightenment)  into the present moment by realizing oneself as having that feeling (or as being a pure and enlightened being).
Tonight our teacher talked about PURE LOVE and asked us:
how would you view people if you had pure love and an unshakable peace in your heart?
Would you view them as a mother views her child?

The purpose of tantra is to feel those feelings now of pure love and then in turn give that pure love to everyone right now.

2 part Meditation
1- Bliss Boost- meditate something that makes you happy- that fills you with love and happiness. then let the "vision" of this happiness fade away and just focus on the feeling
2- With this feeling of Bliss inside- picture everyone in the world around you. Think of their suffering
think of those who are
dealing with an addiction
 grieving
at war
depressed
dying
sick
think of their suffering and give them the love you have. see this love as a white beam of light that radiates from your body into everyone else and imagine them having unshakable peace and pure love as well.
Homework:
this week give love

How?
Give things (if possible)
Pray
Give of your time- Listen. Be there.
Say “what do you need? What can I give?

Namaste!
Today's Eats:
  • bfast- mini ww bagel with almond butter, tea, 1 peach, 1 banana
  • Snack - Starbucks vanilla soy latte tall, Mary's crackers with hummus
  • Lunch- mini ww bagel with turkey, carrot and sweet potato chips, green sludge
  • Dinner- plain sweet potato
  • Snack- popcorn and wine- friday night favorite!
  • workout - no workout
  • fruit/veggie count- 4




1 comment:

  1. Oooh I just looked that up! Virginia Beach in September? Where can I sign up! Lol! By the way, are you on Daily Mile? You should check it out! (There's a widget on my blog) It's this awesome site that lets you track your workouts, but it's also a social media so other people can see follow your training and give you motivation, tips, etc! I should be their new spokesperson, I know! Lol! Check it out and let me know if you join =)

    (They also send you these weekly e-mails that tell you how you've done all week!)

    Good luck! I look forward to following your training!

    ReplyDelete