Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Working on my Fit-ness

It seems like yesterday was the day for goals out in blog world! I was inspired enough to create some on my own. Unfortunately I ran out of time yesterday (how does that keep happening?) so i wasn't able to completely make out my new fitness routine- but after some thought- I've come up with the following goals for December:

  • No more weight machines at the gym - I have been using the same weight machines since college. I think i fall back on them because I know what to set them on and how to use them. I am sure my body is tired of this- so for this month I am doing free weights, stability balls, kettles, bands and more instead.

  • Running- I've tried to run over and over again. I want so badly to be a runner so this month I am going to try again. Abbie and I are going to find a 5k to run in this month to help with motivation.

  • Spinning- I  LOVE spin class- not sure why I haven't been in awhile- so I'll be starting that again.
  • Home workouts- I want to incorporate 1-2 home workouts a week (I love being home). I'm going to do some research on popular yoga DVDs (I hate the ones I have) and I also want to get a stability ball workout video to learn more moves and just to do something different.

So now I hope to get to an actual schedule written out - as in a calendar.

Looks like I'll be searching fitness sites tonight for new workouts!

Today's Eats

  • bfast- oats with egg whites, almond butter, 1 banana
  • Snack #1- coffee
    • green monster
  • Lunch- arnold thin, turkey, cheese and hummus
    • cucumber
  • Snack #2- apple
  • Dinner- salad: 1/2 cuke, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 tomato with vinegar
    • ww pasta with olive oil and garlic
  • Dessert- handful of chocolate chips
  • Fruit/Veggie count: 6 (booya!)

No comments:

Post a Comment