Thursday, November 12, 2009

Chocolate chip crap

I’m baaaack! With Internet service and all! This weekend was my father’s birthday so it included things like- a very large grilled steak, cheese burgers, fries, margaritas, wine, “dirt pie”, and drinking a whole bottle of Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka- oh and moonshine- that’s right folks- that’s how we do it in the south.


My mother gave me a copy of one of her vegetarian magazines- full of awesome recipes that I can’t wait to try. I attempted one last night- a “healthy” chocolate chip cookie. What a bunch of crap that thing turned out to be.
Ingredients:
  • Milk
  • Canola oil
  • Brown sugar
  • Wheat flour
  • Chocolate chips
  • 1 egg
The picture would lead me to believe the cookies will look like this:



In actuality they look like this:



And they taste NOTHING like the warm, gooey, loadedwithdelicious Nestle Tollhouse cookies- more like wheat bread with some chocolate in it. Don’t get me wrong- I still ate them. But still. What a let down.


Today's Eats:
  • bfast- 2 egg whites, ww arnold thins, 1/2 slice cheese
    • Green Monster: 1 banana, spinach, almond milk, strawberries, flax seed
  • snack #1- greek yogurt with Kashi granola
  • Lunch- Turkey sandwhich with mayo, tom, lettuce and 1/2 bag BBQ baked chips
  • snack #2- carrots and hummus
  • Dinner- Tomato soup with 1 slice cheese 
    • spinach salad with balsamic, pine nuts, and craisins
  • Fruit/Veggie count- 6







    ** I'm reading the Vegetarian magazine and say to my boyfriend "I really want to be a vegetarian." Boyfriend is visibly upset and says "please no. I don't want us to never have meat for dinner- that is just too hard."


    I guess I shouldn't tell him that we haven't bought or cooked meat for about 3 weeks now. (not counting fish)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment