I’m baaaack! With Internet service and all! This weekend was my father’s birthday so it included things like- a very large grilled steak, cheese burgers, fries, margaritas, wine, “dirt pie”, and drinking a whole bottle of Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka- oh and moonshine- that’s right folks- that’s how we do it in the south.
My mother gave me a copy of one of her vegetarian magazines- full of awesome recipes that I can’t wait to try. I attempted one last night- a “healthy” chocolate chip cookie. What a bunch of crap that thing turned out to be.
- Canola oil
- Brown sugar
- Wheat flour
- Chocolate chips
- 1 egg
In actuality they look like this:
- bfast- 2 egg whites, ww arnold thins, 1/2 slice cheese
- Green Monster: 1 banana, spinach, almond milk, strawberries, flax seed
- snack #1- greek yogurt with Kashi granola
- Lunch- Turkey sandwhich with mayo, tom, lettuce and 1/2 bag BBQ baked chips
- snack #2- carrots and hummus
- Dinner- Tomato soup with 1 slice cheese
- spinach salad with balsamic, pine nuts, and craisins
- Fruit/Veggie count- 6
** I'm reading the Vegetarian magazine and say to my boyfriend "I really want to be a vegetarian." Boyfriend is visibly upset and says "please no. I don't want us to never have meat for dinner- that is just too hard."
I guess I shouldn't tell him that we haven't bought or cooked meat for about 3 weeks now. (not counting fish)