Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Recap

Wouldn't you know it- the rare occasion where my boyfriend offers to take me to nice restaurant- I feel sick! Despite having no energy this weekend was very romantic. 
Saturday I wasn’t feeling well so we stayed in, ate some comfort food (dominos pizza) and relaxed. Sunday was my Valentine’s Day for him. Since he loves sushi more than life itself- I bought all the fixins’ for a Make-your-own-sushi-night. It was a success.
I’ve been failing on the weekends at both eating healthy and getting a good workout in. This weekend was no exception. Saturday I at least made it to the gym. I decided it was too cold and windy to run outside so I hit the treadmill for 45 minutes- running for 7 minutes and walking for 3. It was frustrating not being able to run longer. But I just keep telling myself over and over that it can only get easier.

Right?

If I can just run 3 days a week it HAS to get easier/more enjoyable for me. I have to believe this.

Sunday I was feeling so crummy that I simply had no energy to workout.

Yesterday’s Eats:
  • Bfast- leftover pepperoni thin crust pizza- about 4 squares (don’t judge- it was the only thing we had in the fridge!)
  • Snack #1- nothing
  • Lunch- 1 cuke, 1 tomato, couple of cashews, ½ avocado, handful of baked snap peas, and goddess dressing (which was gross)

    • Naked smoothie drink

  • Snack #2- nothing
  • Dinner- sushi rolls, some with shrimp, tuna, salmon, crab, avocado and cukes  (loaded)
    • sake
  • Dessert- 1 chocolate cupcake with 1 spoon of ice cream (it was Valentine’s Day afterall!)
  • Fruits/Veggies: 4-ish
  • Workout- zilch

Today’s Eats:
  • Bfast- 1 egg, 1 ww Arnold thin, 1 Horizon’s cheese slice, 1 coffee, organic apple sauce
  • Snack#1- snack bar, 1 coffee
  • Lunch- 1 cuke, handful cashews, sun dried tomatoes
  • Snack #2- 2 chocolate cupcakes with a scoop of ice cream
  • Dinner- handful of cashews and a banana (can you tell I don’t feel well?)
  • Fruits/veggies- 3
  • Workout- none

No comments:

Post a Comment