Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Trying to be a Professional Adult on a Teeney Bopper budget




As part of my New Year's Resolution, I decided I needed to seriously update my work wardrobe. I started by completely tearing apart my closet and getting rid of everything that I:

Do not wear
Do not like
or
Doesn't look good on me
including the
"when I feel fat dress" 
and the oh-so-popular
"when I get skinny jeans"


After getting rid of at least HALF of everything I own I decided that a trip to the mall was in order. 

Sadly I have very little money to spend on clothing so I did what any girl in my Havaianas would do:

I went to the usual cheap-o, fake it till you make it clothing stores:
Target
Kohls
Forever 21
Old Navy

Trying to shop for clothes that will make me look professional and pulled together in Forever 21 is a joke. I swear I was the oldest person there by about 10 years. I managed to find 2 skirts that I thought would look good on me- but realized that I would only be getting them because they fit and not because I actually LIKED them. 

The shopping trip was a failure. 
 I guess I am going to have to suck it up and actually SAVE the money to purchase real, quality, staple work pieces that will last forever. 
You know-
black skirt
gray slacks
"dressy" jeans
all those pieces Stacy and Clinton tell us about.


source


I watched 500 episodes of that shish this weekend- you think I would have a clue by now.
oh well.


Todays Eats:

  • Bfast- ww mini bagel, veggie sausage, apple sauce, banana 2 coffees
  • Snack #1- PB Puffins
  • Lunch- 2 cheese burgers (I know, I know)
  • Snack #2- nothing
  • Dinner- Veggie Italian sausage, peppers, onions, spinach, ww pasta, 1 glass wine
  • Fruit/Veggie- 3
  • Workout- Ran 2.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment