Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TBL finale tonight! go Daris!

Monday I had a hissy fit because I was forced to grocery shop at Target instead of my beloved Publix.
1st of all- Target is like a black hole
You go in for dish soap and leave
$100 poorer
I had spent my lunch hour perfecting my shopping list by planning breakfasts, snacks, lunches and dinner for the week
Only to find out that Target had almost none of the things I needed
So I had to wing it
But people like me
can’t wing it
because I can't cook
I can’t just throw in what I have and out pop a Paula Dean creation

So I came home unloaded the hodgepodge of sish I purchased and sulked
So this week’s meals should be interesting

But NEXT week’s meals will be better
Because I broke down and purchased this

There is a picture for every dish. Each only needs 5 ingredients.And they are (semi) healthy!
JACKPOT!

I’ve also created a new rule for myself- no more throwing food out
We have the tendency of tossing leftovers out.
NO MORE
Better for the wallet and environment.
BOO-YA!

Now I have to go- TBL finale is on. 
Day one of TBL I picked Daris as the winner and Abbie picked Michael.
I hope my guy was voted in!

Today's Eats:
  • bfast- ww pancakes and syrup, tea
  • snack- hummus with Mary's Crackers, Pink Monster- 3 strawberries, almond milk, 1 banana
  • Lunch- Romain lettuce, egg salad with chicken
  • snack- ww pretzels
  • Dinner- Annie's mac and cheese with roasted broccoli
  • Fruit/Veggie- 5
  • Workout- 1 hour BodyPump

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Your blog is great! LOVE cooking light...there's a lot of great recipes in all their mags and books...I broke down and bought the "master" cooking light book/ binder with tons of recipes a few years ago. The quick recipes are the best!

    Those pancakes look super yummy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about that cookbook. Hope you like it, I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted Daris to win too! I'll have to check out that cookbook! And I used to have the same problem with leftovers but I started cutting down all my recipes to single serving (since I live alone!), you should do the same...just cut them down to 2 people =)

    ReplyDelete