Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fraidy Cat

It's amazing to me how scared I've become with age
I'm easily intimidated and completely terrified to try anything new

I could feel this getting worse and worse so I tried to be conscious of my thoughts and actions. 
In fact, it is part of the reason I signed up for my first 10k and now this 1/2 marathon
I wanted to finally push myself from my comfort zone.

Recently my training hasn't been going so well
 I need is someone to run with and coaching of some sort.
Someone suggested I contact the local running club.

so i did

Blue = his email
Red = my thoughts

We have a Saturday morning group run every Sat. at 6am 6am! you crazy? in the north parking lot. This is a big how big, friendly how friendly group of runners who run at all paces does this include my super slow pace? and we run anywhere from 7-13 miles. well which is it? 7 or 13!?
 
Get there a few minutes early and introduce yourself to me...I have the big mouth! Is that a physical description?

How will I know how far everyone is running? What if I can't keep up? What if I hold the group up? What if I am the oldest or youngest one there? What if I pass out at mile 5?


I know these thoughts are crazy and I am doing my best to just stop my brain and insecurity and just do it... but sometimes it's hard.

I wasn't always this way. There was a time when I tried out for school plays and was a cheerleader, and had a solo in chorus. Not sure when things changed.

Anyone else out there get this way too? Any tips?

This was when I was at my peak of Bravery

Today's Eats
  • bfast- ww mini bagel, egg white, OG applesauce
  • Snack -Larabar
  • Lunch- leftover taco surprise, 6 corn chips
  • Snack- hummus and Mary's Crackers
  • Dinner- halibut, 1/2 cuke
  • Dessert- 3 cookies
  • Workout- took the day off
  • Fruit Veggie- 3

1 comment:

  1. I have gotten to be more of a fraidy cat as I've gotten older too..and it's my JOB to motivate ppl to go out of their comfort zones...I guess it's that fear of rejection or failure. You gotta take mind over matter...tell yourself you can do it, and if you don't finish, or are far behind, so what!! At least you can say you did it, which is a lot more than most ppl can do!! The ones that fail are the ones that don't even try...good luck!!!! You'll be great!!

    ReplyDelete