Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly Plants.

I think the best way to stop me from shoving junk food down my throat would be through scare tactics. The first true "eating healthy" book I read, The China Study, is a lot of the reason for even wanting to start this journey of becoming healthy. From that book I stopped buying milk and meat products (notice- I didn't say EATING I said BUYING). 

Now I am reading In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. Right on the cover it gives a synopsis of his thoughts on eating healthy: Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly Plants. Easy enough? The jury is still out on that one. One of his tidbits of advice is to not eat alone- reason being that you are a little more self conscious when you have an audience. Right now I eat with this:

She doesn't judge me at all- in fact- she PRAYS for me to eat more food because she knows that I resist to share with that adorable face of hers.  Lucky for me though- Abbie comes home tomorrow and he is as excited as I am about starting this healthy eating thing I'm doing. (so nice to have his support).

For now my plan of attack is to simply have 4-5 servings of fruits and veggies a day.

Here are today's eats:

  • bfast- 2 egg whites cooked with oats, almond butter on top, tea
  • Snack #1- Larabar
  • Lunch- WW pasta, 1 tom, 1/2 cuke, olive oil
  • Snack #2- 1 coffee with 1 sugar, granola
  • Dinner- 1 sweet potato, mushrooms 
  • Fruit/Veggie count = 3

No comments:

Post a Comment