Friday, October 30, 2009

Trick or Treat!

This morning I was thinking about how when I was little everyone would wear their costumes to school on Halloween and I always had a fear while approaching the bus stop that I would be the only person in the whole school to come dressed up and would look like a complete idiot. 


Anybody else have this anxiety? ha.


Halloweens of the past:








Now back to the subject of Electrolytes…
The major electrolytes for your body are:
·         sodium (Na+)
·         potassium (K+)
·         chloride (Cl-)
·         calcium (Ca2+)
·         magnesium (Mg2+)
·         bicarbonate (HCO3-)
·         phosphate (PO42-)
·         sulfate (SO42-)

You lose electrolytes when you sweat after an intense workout- particularly sodium and potassium. Those electrolytes must be replaced to keep the electrolyte concentrations of your body fluids constant. (source) 
So then I Googled coconut water apparently coconut water replenishes electrolytes and has been deemed “nature’s Gatorade.”  Funny thing – every single article I came across said the same things using the exact same verbiage- which makes me believe that one company (that produces coconut water I would assume) did a study and created a press release that was published in multiple publications. As opposed to many studies being conducted showing that coconut water is beneficial. I’m going to continue to do more research on this.


Today’s eats-

  • Bfast- gluten free waffles with coffee (and whipped cream- I couldn’t resist)
  • Snack- Larabar
  • Lunch- oats, almond milk, 1 apple, 1 spoon brown sugar, walnuts
  • Dinner- organic chilli beans, cheese, couple of crackers, glass of red

Fruit/Veggie- 1 sad lonely fruit. I need my green monsters again!

No comments:

Post a Comment